Dartmouth vs. Albany
March 27, 2006
The Game Story:
HANOVER, N.H. - Bolstered by Nick Bonacci's (Crofton, Md.) seven assists, the Dartmouth men's lacrosse team stopped a three-game losing skid by defeating Albany, 12-9, today at Scully-Fahey Field. The Big Green pelted Albany with 42 shots on goal and picked up 43 ground balls in the contest.

Dartmouth was on the board first when Alec Hufnagel (Scarsdale, N.Y.) broke the scoreless tie at 9:53 in the first. Bonacci brought the ball around behind the cage firing to Hufnagel in front. The Great Danes evened the score before Brad Heritage (Cheshire, Conn.) pulled the Big Green ahead at 5:40. Albany's Chris Martocchia scored his first of three goals at 2:30 before the Big Green's Jamie Coffin (Greenwich, Conn.) added another with :07 left in the first, giving Dartmouth a 3-2 lead.

The Great Danes scored two goals to open the second stanza before Tim Daniels (Duxbury, Mass.) knotted the score at four apiece at 9:53. Less than 40 seconds later Heritage pulled Dartmouth ahead 5-4 before Albany scored the next four goals to give the Great Danes an 8-5 halftime lead.

Ben Lovejoy (Orford, N.H.) scored the first goal of the third period and the second of his career at 11:51 in the frame. Corey Small put the Great Danes up, 9-6, after shooting over Big Green netminder Pat Marshall's (Lutherville, Md.) head.

Ryan Danehy (North Billerica, Mass.) pulled Dartmouth within two, 7-9, at 7:25 of the third before Heritage scored his third of the game at 4:09. Coffin tied the game with 3:32 left in the period. Bonacci came around the right side of the cage passing quickly to Coffin who shot into the far side of the net.

The Big Green scored three goals in the final period as Coffin and Bonacci connected for the go-ahead goal at 12:30 in the final stanza. Heritage from Sean Anthony (Canandaigua, N.Y.) gave Dartmouth an 11-9 lead before Hufnagel and Bonacci teamed up for the final goal of the game at 3:01.

Marshall finished the game with four saves while Albany netminder Brett Queener made 16 saves. Dartmouth held the Great Danes to 20 shots on goal and 22 ground balls.

The Big Green will be back in action on April 2, traveling to Notre Dame and a nationally televised game against the Fighting Irish. The Noon contest will be televised live by CSTV.