Mount Saint Mary's vs. Bucknell
April 16, 2005
The Game Story:
Patrick Christensen scored five goals to lead #13 Bucknell past Mount St. Mary's, 17-11, in men's lacrosse action at Alumni Field on Saturday afternoon. Chris Cara added two goals and five assists for the Bison as Bucknell improved to 7-3. Matt Warner and Billy Jautze each scored three times in the loss for the Mount (5-6).

Kirk Klett and Christensen each scored on Cara assists to give Bucknell an early 2-0 edge. Mount St. Mary's, however, responded with the final three goals of the first quarter to take a 3-2 lead. Eric Seifert, Sean O'Beirne and Dan Hatton were the goal scorers during that run.

Bucknell answered by scoring the first four goals of the second quarter. Cara evened the score with 12:12 left in the half and Christensen gave Bucknell the lead, 4-3, converting a Cara feed. Klett added two more tallies to give the Bison a 6-3 advantage. Billy Jautze and Seifert cut the deficit to 6-5 with 2:57 left in the half, but John Schlicher and Christensen each scored in the final two minutes for an 8-5 Bucknell lead at the half.

After Warner cut the deficit to 8-6 with 12:28 left in the third quarter, Bucknell took control, scoring six unanswered goals for a commanding 14-6 lead after three quarters of play. Christensen scored twice during the run while Cara, Klett, Nick Marks and Steve Case also found the back of the cage.

The Mount scored the first three goals of the final quarter, but Bucknell answered with three straight goals of its own for a 17-9 lead with 3:12 left in the game. Jautze and Warner each scored man-up goals for the Mount in the final minutes to complete the scoring.

Cara finished with seven points (2g, 5a) while Christensen added five goals and Klett four goals to pace the Bison offense. Schlicher and Marks added two goals each in the victory. Warner finished with three goals and an assist for the Mount while Jason Werner dished out four assists in the loss. Jautze finished with three goals and Seifert two for the Mountaineers.

Bucknell goalkeeper Matt Baran made 10 saves while Mount goalkeeper Dan Whitehurst also had 10 saves. Bucknell held a 50-27 edge in shots while the Mount had the edge in ground balls, 36-30. Mount face-off man Kyle Daddio won 17-of-28 face-offs and scoooped up a game-high 12 ground balls.

The Mount returns to Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play on Wednesday, April 20, when St. Joseph's visits Alumni Field at 4:00 p.m.