Mount Saint Mary's vs. Georgetown
April 10, 2007
The Game Story:
Emmitsburg, Md. (April 10, 2007)No. 5 Georgetown pulled away from Mount St. Mary's, 11-5, in men's lacrosse action on Tuesday afternoon at the Mount's Waldron Family Stadium. The Hoyas used a six-goal run starting midway through the third quarter to take control of the game.

The Hoyas (7-2) jumped to a 3-0 lead with 6:55 left in the first quarter behind goals from Andrew Baird, Clayton Hall and Chris Schuville. The Mount, however, responded with Joe Connor's first goal of the season with 1:14 left in the first quarter to cut the deficit to 3-1.

In the second quarter, Peter Kerwin's extra-man goal made the score, 3-2, at the half. Georgetown held a 22-13 advantage in shots in the half with Mount St. Mary's goalkeeper Joe Zolezzi making 10 first-half saves to keep the Mount in the game.

The Mount evened the scored on Eric Seifert's extra-man goal with 8:55 left in the third quarter. Seifert buried a shot on a feed from Joe Derwent. The Hoyas responded, scoring three times in the final 6:25 of the third for a 6-3 lead. Brendan Cannon's goal with 6:25 left in the quarter snapped the tie while Cullen Molinari and Craig Dowd also found the back of the cage.

The Hoyas took control of the game by scoring the first three goals of the fourth quarter. Trevor Casey, Molinari and Jake Samperton scored three times in a span of 2:35 for a 9-3 Hoya lead. Dave Orban cut the deficit to 9-4 with an extra-man goal, but Dave Bauer and Dan Vinson scored 14 seconds apart to give Georgetown an 11-4 lead with 4:00 left in the game. Derwent rounded out the scoring on a pretty goal when he went airborne to convert an Orban pass to make the score 11-5.

The Hoyas outshot the Mount 39-to-8 in the second half andd 61-to-21 in the game. Zolezzi alowed nine goals and made 16 saves in 48:30 of action for the Mount while Chris Channing allowed two goals and made six saves over the final 11:30 of the game.

Derwent, Orban and Seifert each had a goal and an assist for the Mount. Patrick Hanigan scooped up a team-high five ground balls. Molinari scored two goals to pace Georgetown while Baird, Cannon and Dowd added a goal and an assist each.

The Mount returns to action on Saturday, April 14, with a 1:00 p.m. game at Manhattan