Mount Saint Mary's vs. Marist
April 23, 2005
The Game Story:
Tim Iuculano's overtime goal lifted Marist past Mount St. Mary's, 11-10, in men's lacrosse action at Alumni Field in Emmitsburg, Md., on Saturday afternoon. Mount St. Mary's rallied from a three-goal fourth-quarter deficit to force the overtime. The loss drops the Mount to 6-7 overall and 5-1 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference while Marist improves to 5-6, 4-2.

The Mount started quickly, scoring twice in the opening 4:06 to take a 2-0 lead. Jason Werner opened the scoring at the 2:22 mark and Matt Warner added a man-up goal with 10:54 left in the first quarter to give the Mount a two-goal edge. Eeric Seifert added an unassisted tally for a 3-0 Mount St. Mary's lead after one quarter.

Andrew Walsh got the Red Foxes on the scoreboard 5:55 into the second quarter, but Warner's second goal of the day on a Tilghmann Herring feed gave the Mount a 4-1 advantage. Iuculano took over at that point, scoring twice and adding two assists as Marist scored the final four goals of the half for a 5-4 lead.

Patrick Van Horne's second goal of the day gave Marist a 6-4 advantage early in the second half. Dan Hatton and Werner tied the score with consecutive goals, but Marist took control with three straight goals. Ryan Blaney snapped the 6-6 tie, Bill Duerr added his first of the day and Walsh his second of the day for a 9-6 lead heading into the final quarter.

The Mount scored three times in the first 4:15 to tie the game at 9-9. Herring, Nick Jackson and Seifert each scored unassisted goals for Mount St. Mary's. Blaney gave the Red Foxes a 10-9 lead with 9:02 remaining, but Werner's third goal of the day with 7:41 left tied the game at 10-10. Each team had several chances down the stretch, but could not find the back of the cage for the winning score.

In overtime, the Mount won the face-off, but turned the ball over on an offsides play. Marist took advantage, as Iucalano converted a one-on-one move to the cage for his 27th goal of the year.

Mount St. Mary's returns to action on Wednesday, April 27, with a 3:30 game at Virginia Military Institute.

Game Notes: Matt Warner scored two goals for the Mount, giving him 10 over the past two games and a team-high 38 on the year...Stephen Gravino made 11 saves for Marist while Dan Whitehurst had 13 saves for the Mount...The two combined for 11 saves in the fourth quarter...Mount St. Mary's held a 43-36 advantage in shots on goal while ground balls were even at 33-33...The game was senior day for the Mount.