Stony Brook vs. Army
April 5, 2005
The Game Story:
STONY BROOK, N.Y. - Jim Wagner buried a shot five hole at 2:17 of overtime lifting No. 4 Army to a come-from-behind wild victory over Stony Brook Tuesday night at LaValle Stadium in Stony Brook, N.Y.

The win was Army's eighth straight as the Black Knights improve to 8-1 on the year. The Seawolves fall to 5-3. It is Army's longest winning streak since 1964.

Stony Brook scored the first five goals of the game and led the contest 5-0 with 5:10 left in the first half. The lead could have been bigger had it not been for the play of Army goalkeeper Adam Fullerton. The freshman, making his sixth consecutive start in the cage, thwarted three nice efforts from in close by the Seawolves that kept the game at 1-0 early on.

Brian Green finally got the visitors on the board at 3:55 of the second quarter on an unassisted effort. John Walker would score 35 seconds later off a feed from Jake Couch before Green added his second of the quarter with just five seconds left on the clock. Green redirected a beautiful feed from Chris Couch right in front to finish off the play.

Army went into halftime trailing by just two after a disasterous start.

The Black Knights carried the momentum gained from their three goals into the second half and picked up the next two tallies to tie the game at 5-5 with 9:58 left in the third quarter. Walker notched his second of the game at 12:58 and Mike Obringer scored the first of his two on the night to complete the five-goal comeback.

Stony Brook's Adam Marksberry regained the lead for the hosts at 6:00. However, Chris Couch knotted things up right off the faceoff 10 seconds later and that is how the third quarter ended.

The Seawolves struck first in the final quarter, but Army potted the next two goals of the game to take their first lead of the night. Obringer's second of the game was a sweet pirouette after receiving a feed from Matt Scheel. The freshman attackman then put Army in front with a blast at 9:44.

Following two straight Seawolves' goals, Wagner rocketed a shot past backup goalkeeper Errol Wilson with 1:38 left in regulation that proved to be the final goal of the fourth quarter.

Fullerton finished with 10 saves for the Black Knights, while his counterpart Brendan Callahan made seven saves in 50:48 minutes of duty. Wilson did not register a save in 13:12, finishing up for Callahan who existed with a knee injury.

Fullerton stopped a Stony Brook shot at the buzzer to send the game into overtime.

Army returns to Michie Stadium for a critical Patriot League matchup with No. 13 Bucknell Saturday at 1 p.m.