Robert Morris vs. Towson
March 29, 2008
The Game Story:
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Senior attackman Jonathan Engelke scored three goals, including the eventual game-winner with 4:30 remaining in the fourth quarter, as the Tigers (2-5, 1-1) snapped a four-game losing streak with their first Colonial Athletic Association win of the season, a 9-8 victory over Robert Morris University (4-6, 0-2) at Joe Walton Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Engelke, who has scored a goal in eight straight games, moved into a tie for sixth place on the Tigers' career goals list with his fourth "hat trick" of the season. With 96 career goals, he has tied Bob Griebe, '75 and needs four goals to become the sixth player in school history with 100 career markers.

The Colonials jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first quarter as three different players scored past senior goalkeeper Billy Sadtler. With 12:51 remaining in the second quarter, Engelke ended the Tigers' scoring drought with his 14th goal of the season off an assist from junior midfielder Randall Cooper. Just 39 seconds later, Cooper narrowed the Tiger deficit to 3-2 when he scored off an Engelke pass.

Junior midfielder Billy Conques and senior attackman Andrew Watt tallied goals just 12 seconds apart to extend the Robert Morris lead to 5-2 with 10:01 remaining in the second quarter. Engelke ended the first half by scoring his second goal of the game, an unassisted marker past sophomore goalkeeper Sal Barcia with 4:38 remaining.

After senior midfielder Michael Fleming opened the third quarter with an unassisted goal to give Robert Morris a 6-3 advantage, the Tigers went on a four-goal spurt to take their first lead of the game at 7-6 with 12:49 remaining in the fourth quarter. Freshman attackman Tim Stratton scored two goals during the run while senior midfielder Adam Hagelin added a goal and an assist.

With 6:22 remaining in the fourth quarter, Watt tied the game at 7-7 when he scored off a feed past freshman attackman Trevor Moore, but the Tigers answered with two goals in a 49-second span to regain a 9-7 edge. Sophomore midfielder Eric Boyle gave the Tigers a one-goal advnatage with an unassisted goal with 5:19 remaining before Engelke added his third goal of the game off a feed from Stratton with 4:30 left, upping the Tigers' advantage to 9-7.

Watt cut the Colonials' deficit to 9-8 with 3:36 remaining when he scored off a feed from freshman Corbyn TaoBrambleby, but the Tigers held off Robert Morris for their second one-goal victory of the season.

Engelke led the Tigers with his four-point outing while Stratton added two goals with an assist. Boyle tallied two goals in the victory while Hagelin and Cooper each contributed a goal with an assist.

Senior goalkeeper Matt Antol led the Tiger defense to the victory after replacing Sadtler in the second half. He made five saves while allowing just three goals. Sadtler posted two saves in the first half.

Watt scored three goals for Robert Morris in a losing effort while three other players each added a goal with an assist. Barcia made 16 saves in the loss for the Colonials, who outshot the Tigers by a 34-33 margin.

The Tigers will return to Unitas Stadium on Tuesday evening when they host UMBC to start a two-game homestand. Opening face-off is set for 7:30 p.m.