Bryant vs. Southern New Hampshire
April 26, 2008
|Michael Kennedy||5 (0.417)|
|go to Bryant page|
|Mike Ball||(4, 0)|
|Chris Dindler||(1, 1)|
|Keith Merluzzo||(1, 1)|
|John Delanoy||(1, 0)|
|Dustin Latham||(0, 1)|
|Gary Mckay||(0, 1)|
|Spencer Rennick||(0, 1)|
|Eric Gunst||15 (0.625)|
|Mickey Hover||10 (0.400)|
|Southern New Hampshire||5-7|
|go to Southern New Hampshire page|
|The Game Story:|
|SMITHFIELD, R.I. - Bryan Kaufmann (Putnam Valley, NY), Gary Crowley (Scituate, MA) and Ryan Tibbitts (Watervliet, NY) had four goals apiece as third-ranked Bryant University overpowered visiting Southern New Hampshire 24-7 in the regular-season finale. Bryant (12-3, 9-1) will take a nine-game win streak into next Friday's Northeast-10 Conference semifinal to be played at Bryant starting at 4 p.m. The Bulldogs will be the No. 2 seed of tournament and will receive a first round bye.|
Following a festive Senior Day ceremony, the Bulldogs raced out quickly on the Penmen (5-7, 4-6 NE-10), taking a 7-1 lead after one and a 10-5 lead into the locker room at the break.
Kaufmann and Tibbitts each had three goals respectively in the first half and out-shot the visitors 33 to 13. The lone bright spot on the day for Southern NH was in the face-off circle as the Penmen won of 10-of-17 face-offs in the first half, all by Gary McKay.
But the Bulldogs regrouped in the second half with Andrew Hennessey (Wading River, NY) winning 10 of 11 face-offs in the third quarter and Hennessey and Bryant Amitrano (Valley Stream, NY) combining to win all seven attempts in the fourth as the Bulldogs ran away with the win. Hennessey would finish the game winning 22 of 32 face-offs.
Junior Kevin Hoagland (Glastonbury, CT) notched his 40th and 41st goal of the season in the second half while Kaufmann's four tallies gives the junior 32 goals this season. Senior Michael Kennedy (Port Jefferson Station, NY) made five saves on the afternoon and picked up his first assist of the season in the third quarter.
Mike Ball led Southern NH with four goals on the day.
POST GAME NOTES ...
* Freshman long-stick midfielder Anthony Iannello (Lake Ronkonkoma, NY) scored his first career goal in the fourth quarter.
* Junior Matt McKeefrey (Melville, NY) had another big game, picking up four assists plus adding a goal on the afternoon. His four assists moves the attackman into sixth all-time in school history with 53.
* Kaufmann now has 108 career goals while Hoagland is nearing the century mark for his career with 97 total goals. Kaufmann has now scored at least a goal in his last 31 games and has recorded at least a point in 45 straight. Hoagland extended his point streak to 40 games. Both have scored a goal in all 15 games this season.
* Senior Vince Zorskas (Port Washington, NY) had three ground balls Saturday to give him 194 for his career. He needs five to move into second all-time in school history.
* The win for Kennedy in goal was the senior's 38th in his career at Bryant - extending his current school record.