Connecticut College vs. Trinity (ct)
April 26, 2008
The Game Story:
NEW LONDON, Conn.--The Connecticut College Camels (10-5, 5-4) earned their fifth consecutive victory Saturday, topping Trinity College (6-8, 3-6) 7-5 in the regular season finale for both teams.

The Camels clinch the #5 seed with the victory and will visit #4 Bowdoin in the first round of the NESCAC Championship Tournament Sunday. Trinity College finishes seventh and will visit intrastate rival Wesleyan in a first round match-up Sunday afternoon. Both games will be played at 1:00 p.m.

Ryan Hayes (Darien, Conn.) netted two goals for Connecticut College. Steve Dachille (Garden City, N.Y.) put in his team leading 24th goal of the season. Brendan Moses (Medfield, Mass.) contributed an assist in a strong defensive effort in the midfield. Mark Moran (Greenwich, Conn.) had five saves in goalkeeping duties for the Camels.

Jeremy Ulan (Scarsdale, N.Y.) contributed a goal and an assist for the Bantams. Sophomore Robert Key (Greenwood Village, Colo.) had three ground balls and was victorious in six of his nine faceoff opportunities. Alex Palma (Chappaqua, N.Y.) added nine saves in net-minding duties for the visitors.

Conor Malangone (Lake Grove, N.Y.) and Dachille tallied goals in the early going and the Camels jumped out to a 2-0 lead after one quarter. Ulan got one back for the Bantams with 14:33 left in the second. But Hayes scored the next two goals for the Camels. In an unsettled situation, Craig Audin (Sudbury, Mass.) assisted Hayes on the fourth goal with 2:01 remaining and the hosts carried a 4-1 lead into the intermission.

The Camels opened things up in the second half, outscoring Trinity 3-1 in the third. Long stick midfielder Wes Stephanian (Belmont, Mass.) collected a ground ball and went end to end for a score with 26 seconds left in the quarter, and the hosts had their largest lead of the day at 7-2 lead.

Trinity made things interesting with three unanswered goals in the fourth quarter, cutting the Camel lead to two. Andrew Williamson (Sudbury, Mass.) put in an unassisted tally with 5:02 to play and it was a 7-5 game.

But the Camel defense clamped down and the hosts were able to keep the Bantams off the board in the closing moments to hold on for the 7-5 victory.