Haverford vs. Dickinson
April 7, 2007
The Game Story:
HAVERFORD, PA - Visiting Dickinson took advantage of key Haverford offensive injuries en route to a 7-5 Centennial Conference upset victory over the host Fords on Saturday afternoon. Five different Fords scored a goal in the losing effort. Dickinson improves to 6-4 overall and 2-2 in Centennial play while the loss dips Haverford to 5-4 and 2-2.

Haverford took a 1-0 lead after the first period when freshman Andrew Kim found junior Shane Hafer 2:48 into the contest. The score remained at 1-0 until the Red Devils answered with two early second quarter goals to make the game 2-1 with 10:46 remaining in the quarter. The Fords were able to knot the game at two on a goal by senior attack Max Tcheyan off a pass from sophomore midfielder Matt Turnier midway through the quarter. Dickinson was able to score with 15 seconds left in the half to take a 3-2 lead into the intermission.

Haverford came back to tie the game at three after the half when Kim scored on a shot from the top of the circle with 7:03 left in the quarter. Dickinson responded when Bryan Gavin found Chris Dodson in front of the net to make the game 4-3 after three quarters of play.

Haverford junior midfielder Dean Granoff knotted the game at four, rifiling a shot past the Dickinson keeper 4:30 into the quarter. The Red Devils again took the lead, but freshman attack Alex Guy scored on a shot on the near right wing off a pass from Tcheyan to knot the contest at five with 2:58 remaining in the game. Dickinson's Ed Lawless scored the game-winning goal off a quick pass from Dodson with 1:48 to go. Brian Mohler added an insurance goal 59 seconds en route to the Red Devils 7-5 win.

Dickinson won 12-of-16 face offs in the game and were successful of 12-of-19 clears while the Fords successfully cleared the ball on 17-of-19 tries. Both teams went 0-for-3 on extra man opportunities.

The Fords return to action on Wednesday with a 4:00 p.m. Centennial home game against Ursinus