Nichols vs. Clark
April 5, 2007
The Game Story:
April 5- A pair of goals in the 10th minute of the fourth quarter propelled the Clark men’s lacrosse team past Nichols College, 8-7, on Thursday night at Vendetti Field. The Bison scored with 32 seconds left but could not get the equalizer as they drop to 2-4 on the season while the Cougars improve to 4-3. Sophomore Matt Fram (Methuen, MA) and junior Andrew Webber (Allendale, NJ) led Clark with two goals each, including the crucial two late goals. Senior Mark Buckley (Weymouth, MA) scored six of Nichols seven goals while assisting on the other.

Buckley’s first goal came at the 8:33 mark of the first quarter, giving Nichols the 1-0 lead before Clark scored two, including one with four seconds left in the quarter, to grab a 2-1 edge. Freshman Garrett McAdam (Portland, ME) scored the first goal for Clark while freshman J.C. Tsagarakis (Stonington, CT) netted the other.

Buckley netted two goals in the second quarter, the only scoring in the frame as Nichols headed into the half with a 3-2 lead.

Clark out-shot the Bison 13-3 in the third stanza, getting a pair of goals in the 11th minute to regain the lead, 4-3. Buckley posted his fourth goal of the game with 2:10 left in the third period and junior Lucas Wilson (Falmouth, MA) gave Nichols a 5-4 lead with a goal 2:28 into the final frame.

Fram and Webber scored their first set of back-to-back goals shortly at the 10:21 and 9:41 mark to push Clark out to a 6-5 lead but Buckley responded with his fifth goal at the 6:57 mark. Just over a minute later, Webber struck for his second goal to break the 6-6 tie while Fram netted the game-winning goal 47 seconds later. Buckley gave Nichols a shimmer of hope with his final goal with 32 seconds left but Clark held the Bison out of its zone to hold on for the 8-7 victory.

In net, senior Tim Taylor (Canton, MA) recorded 17 saves. Sophomore Tyler Campbell (Portland, OR) posted 13 for Clark.

Nichols will play a non-conference game at UMass-Dartmouth on Saturday, April 7 at 1 p.m.