Saint Mary's (md) vs. Marymount
March 27, 2002
The Game Story:
St. Mary's City, Md. - Senior attack Andrew Toussaint (Potomac, MD/Georgetown Prep) scored a season-high five goals and added two assists in leading the St. Mary's (MD) College Seahawks to an 11-7 win over the visiting Marymount Saints on Wednesday afternoon.

The Saints (5-4, 3-1 CAC) would take an early 1-0 lead when junior attack Brandon Sallee would score off an assist from sophomore midfielder Bob Rhatigan just 1:19 into the game. The Seahawks would answer with a goal by sophomore attack Greg Scagliotti (Allentown, PA/The Hill School) with the assist credited to Toussaint. St. Mary's would take the lead on an unassisted goal by Toussaint with 11:16 remaining in the first period.

Marymount would tie the game at 2-2 just about one minute later when Sallee would score off a feed by freshman attack Drew Kiniry. The Seahawks would take a 3-2 lead after the first period with an unassisted goal by sophomore midfielder Mike Gerpe (Wilton, CT/Wilton).

Marymount would tie the game at 3-3 in the second period with Sallee's third goal of the contest, again assisted by Kiniry. St. Mary's would again take back the lead, this time for good, with an unassisted goal by Toussaint with 10:03 remaining in the second period. Scagliotti and Toussaint would score the final two goals of the half, both being assisted by junior midfielder Wayne Hickok (Baltimore, MD/Park School) to take a 6-3 lead at the half.

The Seahawks would extend the lead to 7-3 to open the third period. Freshman attack Kevin Whalen (Bethesda, MD/Georgetown Prep) would score off an assist from Toussaint with 7:31 remaining in the period. The Saints would cut the deficit to 7-5 after three periods of play with two goals by Sallee, the first being assisted by Kiniry, the second unassisted.

Marymount would reduce the lead to 7-6 to start the fourth period on an unassisted goals by sophomore Tim Lebsock with 9:20 remaining in the contest. The Seahawks would then answer and put the game away with three consecutive goals, two by Toussaint and one by Whalen, with Scagliotti assisting on two, to take a 10-6 lead with 5:27 remaining in the game.

Marymount would score an extra-man goal with 4:49 remaining to make the score 10-7, but would be unable to get any closer. The Seahawks would score the last goal of the game with 1:17 remaining as Gerpe scored off an assist from Hickok for the 11-7 final.

The Seahawks (2-7, 2-1 CAC) will next be in action on Wednesday, April 3, when they host conference foe Mary Washington College beginning at 3:30 p.m.