Saint John Fisher vs. Rit
March 17, 2012
The Game Story:
Fifth-ranked Rochester Institute of Technology scored four goals in the final 4:19 of the third quarter and rallied to beat host St. John Fisher College 15-10 in a men's lacrosse matchup between two of the top Division III programs in the state.

With the win, R.I.T. improves to 4-0, while Fisher falls to 1-2 on the year. Today's win marks the first time since 2006 the Tigers have won at Fisher's Growney Stadium. The Cardinals defeated R.I.T. 12-11 in overtime in 2008 and won 12-9 over RIT in 2010.

Fisher, who trailed 7-6 to start the second half, scored the first two goals of the third quarter to take an 8-7 lead. Mitch Ritchie tied the game at 7s off a pass from Eric Klein and Connor Henderson gave Fisher its second lead of the day with 7:41 remaining in the third, with Ritchie assisting on the play.

The Tigers (4-0), however, began to rally, tying the game with just over four minutes left in the third and scored three goals in the final 2:19 of the period, including a goal from long-stick midfielder James Cunningham with 3.5 seconds left, giving R.I.T. the 11-8 advantage going into the fourth. The Tigers tacked on four more goals in the final period and cruised to the win.

It was a back-and-forth game for most of the first half with the game being tied at 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s and 6s. The Tigers took a 1-0 lead less than two minutes into the contest, before Fisher tied the game up with 10:23 left in the opening period of Kyle Denhoff's 103rd career goal.

The Tigers scored the game's next two goals to take a 3-1 lead, but Fisher scored the next two goals to tie the game up at 3s. Klein blasted a shot into the upper right corner with 5:00 left in the first quarter and Ritchie scored a man-up goal in the opening seconds of the second quarter off a pass from Denhoff.

After RIT regained the lead at 4-3, Fisher scored two goals in a 16-second span. Henderson scored a man-up goal with 11:47 left in the second and, after winning the ensuing the faceoff, Ritchie scored his second of the day off a pass from Henderson.

The Tigers regained the lead at 6-5 with just over eight minutes left in the second quarter, but Denhoff answered again, scoring with just under seven minutes left in the half.

R.I.T., however, scored the final goal of the second quarter with 4:58 left to take a 7-6 lead at intermission.

For Fisher, Henderson, Denhoff, Klein and Ritchie record all 18 of Fisher's points on the day. Henderson finished with six points on two goals and four assists, while Ritchie had four goals and one assist. Denhoff finished with three goals and one assist and Klein tallied three points on one goal and two assists.

Goalie Jamie Campagna stopped 12 shots, while defenders Andrew Knoblauch, Mitch Bailey and David Haseley each scooped up three ground balls.

Fisher will return to action at 4 p.m. on Wednesday and will host Lycoming College.