Tri-state vs. Mount St Joseph
March 15, 2008
The Game Story:
The Tri-State University menís lacrosse team dropped their home-opener 8-9 in overtime against the College of Mount St. Joseph. TSU took an early 3-2 lead after on period, but Mount St. Joseph tied the game at four heading into intermission.

TSU trailed seven to five heading into the fourth quarter. The Thunder offense came alive in the fourth with three goals to tie the game at eight. Charlie Semaan (Commerce Township, Mich./St. Maryís Prep) tied the game for TSU with an unassisted goal with 1:02 remaining in regulation. Mount St. Joseph captured the victory with a goal by Michael Basch with 46 seconds remaining in the first overtime.

TSU held a 41-33 shot advantage but only controlled five of the 21 face-offs in the game. Kenny Fleming (Plymouth, Minn./Osseo) had seven saves for TSU.

JJ Griesinger (Apple Valley, Minn./Holy Angels) led the Thunder with two goals. Kyle Mates (Noblesville, Ind./Cathedral) contributed with a solid performance of one goal and one assist. Dan Giorgis (Avon, Ohio/Avon), Cory Childs (Savage, Minn./Prior Lake), Dan LaFond (Neenah, Wisc./Neenah), and Sean Hitz (Chicago, Ill./St. Rita) assisted with a goal apiece.

TSU drops their season record to 0-4, while Mount St. Joseph improves to 2-1. The Thunder will return to action on Tuesday when they travel to Washington & Jefferson.

03.08 / TSU Menís Lacrosse Falls to Christopher Newport

The Tri-State University menís lacrosse team dropped a contest to Christopher Newport University 15-5. CNU held a 49-15 shot advantage and a 60-38 advantage in ground balls.

TSU took a 1-0 lead early in the first quarter off a goal by JJ Griesinger (Apple Valley, Minn./Holy Angels) that was assisted by Kyle Mates (Noblesville, Ind./Cathedral). CNU tied the game at one with just under six minutes remaining in the first period but the Thunder regained the lead at the end of the first period with a goal by Cory Childs (Savage, Minn./Prior Lake).

Christopher Newport took control of the game with five goals in the second period. Childs scored his second goal of the half to help TSU pull within three at halftime.

CNU opened the second half scoring with two consecutive goals before Mates found the back of the net for TSU. CNU responded with three more goals in the third to take an 11-4 lead. CNUís offensive attack kept coming in the fourth period as they started with four straight goals. Childs scored his third goal of the game at the end of the fourth to end the dayís scoring.

TSU drops their season record to 0-3, while Christopher Newport improved to 2-3 overall.