Top Five Men’s Lacrosse Shafts For 2017
Here is a list of the top five men’s lacrosse shafts that your player may want for 2017. As a lacrosse player you might ask, which is better – a carbon fiber lacrosse shaft or a metal lacrosse shaft? Watch our Product Manager, Brandon Butler break down the main points of difference between your typical metal lacrosse shaft and a composite lacrosse shaft.
1) Maverik Hyperlite – The Maverik Hyperlite men’s lacrosse shaft was a limited release last spring and sold out in two weeks! What’s the big deal ? Carbon technology coming it at only five ounces and stiff as steel. This is one of the true carbon shafts that can stand up to collegiate level play. Nice sandy grip on the “GRIT” model and the adjustable butt end offers customization for your game. These are back in stock and going fast. $139
2) The new Epoch Dragonfly Gen 7 series – This men’s lacrosse shaft is also a carbon based shaft that is favored by elite level offensive players. Offered in two flex points – iq5 for those guys who shoot over 80 MPH and iq9 for those youth players shooting under. Carbon technology loads the shaft up when you shoot (like a golf club) and gives you more power. The key is not to have the carbon twist while it loads or your accuracy will be off. Epoch nailed this technology and you will see this shaft used by many of the premier high school and advanced youth guys in the nation. $139
3) The new StringKing Metal 2 men’s lacrosse series - These guys killed it last year with the release of the under 5 ounce metal shaft. Now Metal 2 is offered in 5 different weights and you choose your shaft weight by your age and strength. See the chart next to the individual products for guidance, but rest assured that these new Metal 2 shafts are killing it again (especially with the youth crowd ) this Fall. Shafts this light mean better ball handling and skill development for the younger kids. So pick up a 125 or 135 gram shaft for your youth player and witness the evolution! Only $99
4) Nike Vandal – These shafts are in their fifth year, but still make the list because they simply outsell everything else. If you want your youth player in a lightweight step up shaft that won’t break the bank… look no further. No glitz in the graphics, no frills, just lightweight performance at $69. The other guys just can’t compete at this price range. The best youth shaft on the market.. and it’s Nike quality … period.
5) The new Warrior Evo men’s lacrosse shaft series. These are higher-end shafts, that literally just released right before the Holiday. Lightweight, strong and will be used by collegiate national contenders this year. We LOVE the new slanted A-sym butt end. As the game progresses, many of the best shooters are teaching a new more compact style of release. The slanted butt end is designed for just this as it ergonomically fits right into the heel of your hand and gives you that nice pull down motion with your bottom hand. At $129 you are investing in elite level technology at 5 ounces and collegiate level strength. Warrior still dominates the top end collegiate.
These are just a few of our picks. LAX.com offers a wide variety of men’s lacrosse shafts for every players ability. If you have any questions about what might be the right shaft for you or your player, feel free to give our Pro’s a call at 855-255-5294. We will be able to tell you what we think is right based on your age, ability and position. Also, be sure to download the LAX.com FREE mobile app. We push our most amazing deals there and you will also gain access to the newest gear as soon as it hits the market.
See you on the fields!
The LAX.com Pro Staff
Where Players Get Their Gear