Top Five Men’s Lacrosse Shoulder Pads & Liners For 2017
Here is a list of the top five men’s lacrosse shoulder pads and liners that your player may want for 2017. As a lacrosse player you might ask, which is better a shoulder pad or a liner? Watch our Product Manager, Brandon Butler break down the main points of difference between the two. Be assured that LAX.com has the LOWEST GUARANTEED PRICES on all of the shoulder protection that we sell, actually on ALL the gear that we sell, backed by our lowest price guarantee. So buy with confidence, get free shipping, the best prices and the most advanced technology in the game.
1) Evo Pro Hitlyte – the most expensive lacrosse shoulder pad liner on the face of the Earth! Why, because it’s amazing – that’s why. New BOA fitting system allows you to simply twist a dial, the size of a quarter. and the pad sucks down and form fits around your shoulders and ribs. Hahaha – you’ve got to be kidding. We thought this was a gimmick pad, but after slipping it on we quickly realized that it is a revolutionary new fit that makes the best fitting pad on the market hands down! Our Pro’s were impressed how, once you locked this down, it didn’t move, even when you raised your arms. Coming in at $179 .. trust us.. if you have the cash, just get these and never look back.
2) The Maverik Max speed pad – sold out here in the first 3 weeks… low profile, high density padding and amazing fit and feel make this pad an absolute home run for only $99. These debuted at Maverik Showtime this year and the best high school kids in the nation loved them. These are the new middie and D-pole super class of shoulder pads that caters to the “less-is-more” crowd that appreciates full range of motion but wants some of that legendary collar bone and sternum protection that Maverik is famous for.
3) Nike Vapor 2.0 liners – these just released this Fall and Nike continued to leverage the simplistic form fitting design that sold the original Vapor’s so well. Coming in at $109 these pads have extra wide straps which wrap the rib section around nicely without being too tight. Nike is known for the wider collar bone section as well but they cut it away from the neck so it does not pinch or ride up. Great option for the JV, high school and collegiate players looking for a comfortable speed pad that will last a few seasons.
4) The STX Cell 3 shoulder pad is the best available option for advancing youth players that need full shoulder protection as they develop. The Cell 3 is known for a soft feel but heavier layers of protection. If you have a youth player that needs to be comfortable all day, and you want to feel more comfortable about the added level of protection, while still having great mobility, the Cell 3 is a great option at $119.
5) The Brine Clutch Elite shoulder pad is one of the high school and collegiate level favorites that released this Fall. Minimal coverage, maximum mobility, and the lightest full shoulder pad in the line. Elite level guys who have their game built on speed love these pads. All day comfort, affordable at $129 and completely adjustable. Rib ring is genius… keeps the pad from riding up and you really forget its there once you strap them on. This is the most light weight and flexible pad on the market.
These are just a few of our picks. LAX.com offers a wide variety of men’s lacrosse shoulder pads and liners for every players ability. If you have any questions about what might be the right protection for you or your player, feel free to give our Pro’s a call at 855-255-5294. We will be able to tell you what we think is right based on your age, ability and position. Also, be sure to download the LAX.com FREE mobile app. We push our most amazing deals there and you will also gain access to the newest gear as soon as it hits the market.
See you on the fields!
The Lax.com Pro Staff
Where Players Get Their Gear