LAX PRO INSIGHT
This lacrosse youth starter set from STX offers on of the best values for quality, name brand padding on the market. The STX name is synonymous with the highest levels of collegiate, high school and advanced youth play. STX took their high quality designs and materials and stripped them down into what we think is the best starter package on the market. There is noooo way they are making any money at this price for the quality and craftsmanship they are delivering.. they just want your child's first experience with STX to be the best. So take advantage while STX is giving this amazing technology away at such a low introductory price !!
This package includes the Premier Stallion 50 protection pack, which includes the 3 essential pieces of padding as well the option to add a high quality helmet from STX. A sizing guide can be found below, in the product description LAX.com Pro's review all of the starter sets that are available through each manufacturer and choose only the ones that we think will offer the best technology, at the best price. Everything is hand selected each year, so your player will be provided the best in protection, mobility and technology. The goal of a starter set is to introduce a new player to the game, keeping them as safe as possible, and allowing them the flexibility to enhance their skills - that's the way we see it at LAX.com.
Scroll down TO PRODUCT DESCRIPTION FOR SIZING GUIDE
and a complete package description.
Our Pro advice for a lacrosse player that is just starting to play:
- Gloves - need to be mobile and have thinner palms so new players can get a good feel for the stick. Even in the backyard, when not at practice, new players should practice in their gloves.
- Arm Pads- must have a top velcro attachment - most younger players have trouble with pads sliding down the arms. These Maverik pads have nice, adjustable straps that close on the tops of the biceps and keep the pads secure.
- Shoulder Pads - Good sternum protection and plastic coated caps. Must have nice material to wear next to skin, not cheap stuff. Full range of arm motion and ability to have helmet mobility.
- Stick - The lighter the shaft is the better. Stiiff as possible on the head. Must be strung with a hard mesh hybrid - no soft mesh for the beginner as it can be harder to throw and catch. We have included 3 options ranging from absolute beginner to HS players. The bottom line is that a good stick with the proper pocket is critical for a players development and skill growth. Our Pro Strung sticks come game and practice ready right out of the box !!
- Helmet - This is not the spot to be economical. You need a quality helmet from a reputable brand like Cascade or STX.
So here is the real deal with lacrosse starter sets. Except for the helmet and shoulder pads, you can expect to replace the stick in 3-4 months if your player is at all into the game. We have some amazing UPGRADED COMBOS that won't break the bank. He will need new arm pads in 6-12 months for better protection. You will also want to upgrade those gloves after the first season. They are critical to the development of your player as they are the contact point on the stick. Bad gloves equal bad hands. Starter sets are designed to get your player started in the game. THEY WILL NOT BE SUFFICIENT if your new player decides they want to continue with lacrosse. If you have any questions at all, just give us a call and talk to a real Pro - 855-255-5294. We are here to help !