The StringKing Mark 2F lacrosse face-off head is the latest in a series of elite level heads specifically designed for two main advantages - increased ball control area on the clamp and a kinder scoop angle for handling ground balls. The first thing you will notice on the StringKing 2F is the elongated throat. StringKing pulled the narrow channel of the throat shape up as high as possible to create the maximum channel and pocket surface area for controlling the ball. As all good FOGOs are aware, its not just the battle for the quick clamp, its the battle for real estate along the line that counts too. As players push up into the scoop of an opponents scoop with their glove, the head of the stick slides a bit down the line.
The extra length in the throat adds a big advantage as the ball gets caught up in that long channel rather than up towards the opponents scoop. In the old days, FOGOs use to bake their heads and then reform them to match these longer throat designs. Stringking has now taken that concept and worked it in with a massive number of string holes, that offer guys who know how to string even greater advantage depending on where and how they secure the knots. The scoop has a steeper angle which also channels the ball into the sweet spot quicker. String this up with the new Stringking 4F mesh that is made with their best selling Tri-Twist patterns, which gives better grip on the ball and weighs only 14 grams.
PLEASE NOTE: This lacrosse head comes with new 3 square locking bolt technology. You will need 1/8" and 3/16" drill bits to install the locking bolts. See below for instructions and a how to video.
1) Put the Mark 2F onto your shaft facing BACKWARDS, lining up the holes on the FRONT of your head with the holes on the BACK of your shaft.
2) Use a 1/8" drill bit to drill out the necessary holes on the FRONT and side of your shaft (through the BACK and side of your head). Make sure to keep the drill straight so you don't damage your head.
3) Use a 3/16" drill bit to widen the holes that will hold the large end of the locking bolts. There should be two on the FRONT of the shaft, and one on the side.
4) Use the 1/8" drill bit to drill and remaining holes. These will hold the smaller screw end of the locking bolts. There should be two on the BACK of the shaft, and one on the side.
5) The short locking bolt included with your Mark 2F goes through the side of the head, and the two longer bolts go through the front and back.
**LOCKING BOLTS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR STABILITY AND DURABILITY, BUT NOT NECESSARY. If you don't use the bolts, we recommend using a self-tapping screw in each hole.**