Maryland Free State Vs LI Empire Video Highlights

Maryland Free State Vs LI Empire Video Highlights

Maryland Free State Vs LI Empire Video Highlights

Adding fuel to the fiery debate over which hotbed has the deepest talent, the Maryland Free State team clashed with the Long Island Empire team at Johns Hopkins' historic Homewood Field on July 19. With field temperatures in excess of 100 degrees, the best rising juniors and seniors from each area played to a 14-11 Maryland victory. The Long Island boys will get to test their merit this weekend though, playing against the top lacrosse talent in New York State at the Empire Games.

The Great Debate
    by (#34808) on 7/24/08 @3:37PM
Would be nice to see a game that has Free State playing against a team made of the best from CNY and LI combined. I dont see the best of Maryland beating the best of NY anyday. NY has two legit hotbeds while Maryland has to use an entire state to make up an elite team.

by (#186182) on 7/24/08 @4:05PM
If you want to play the card that LI Empire isn't actually the best of New York, then I'll tell you Free State isn't the best club team in Maryland either. BLC Crabs is a team for some reason no one really talks about, but anyone who has played them will tell you they are the best of MD. With alums such as Paul Rabil, Brian Phipps, Steele Stanwick, Brian Carroll, Brian Farrell, Barney Ehrmann, just to name a few in recent years. If you say LI isn't the best in NY then I might believe you, but I'm telling you that they just got beat by the best of the rest in MD. If you want to see the best of MD, go watch the BLC Crabs.

Crabs
    by (#229490) on 12/16/09 @2:06PM
ya crabs r a really good but my team, Nova Tribe, beat them in the indian summer tournament but i would probably say tht they are the best club team in MD most likely

by (#1128) on 7/24/08 @4:42PM
Maryland is also like 1/5 the size of NY so the talent pool is much more shallow. I would like to see the total number of lacrosse player on Long Island compared to the total in Maryland.

style
    by (#169563) on 7/25/08 @8:09AM
i don't really care much for this conversation cuz you'll never know the truth about who is better, but LI has much more style... Maryland has ugly as stick work. (ubiased, im from CT)

maybe you need to get out of ct
    by (#134818) on 7/26/08 @10:54AM
I'm not going to try an argue over who is better. But Maryland lacrosse has always been known for its finesse and flow. The north has been known more the physical aspect of the game. Everyone has there own opinion though.

agreed
    by (#118964) on 7/26/08 @4:02PM
Yeah 9 out of 10 people would probably agree that MD is known for finesse and LI is known for physicality. I'm not sure what games youve been watching.

by (#169563) on 7/26/08 @10:20PM
bro i just watched these highlights, and that is what i based that statement off of.

Coming from CNY myself...
    by (#91657) on 7/27/08 @4:18PM
When I think of LI, I think of a bunch of pretty-boys who try and look their best on the field. It's like that in CNY too. I don't see too much Maryland lacrosse, but really all top tier lacrosse areas are all about looking nice.

If you aren't rocking sick tilt or nice gear, then you're sorry.

CNY Pretty Boys??
    by (#81726) on 7/28/08 @7:47AM
Youre obviously NOT from CNY nor do you know what youre talking about. Central NY players are FAR from being pretty boys. the entire region (in general) is a blue-collar area of New York State. I know, because im from there.

off topic
    by (#90078) on 7/29/08 @10:21PM
where are you from easton lax 11

stick work, please
    by (#193912) on 8/06/08 @7:44PM
did you watch this game, true these are just highlights, but maybe they make LI look better than they were. i mean the LI team is no joke, with tons of future prospects, but the stickwork was much nicer from Maryland. they just showed better off ball movement, better decision making, and better flow. LI tried to run plays and what not, Maryland just let it flow, and you don't do that without stolid stickwork and intangible knowledge of the game.

by (#208891) on 12/30/08 @12:01PM
I think that u should film more of the non lax hotbeds like Michagan, Delaware, Flordia, and New Jersey

Goalies
    by (#187181) on 7/25/08 @12:17PM
I personally don't think that any of the goalies played that well. Kemp had a few saves but not to much. But the LI empire goalies really werent stopping anything. I mean they are facing top compitition but then again, they are supposed to be some of the best goalies from both areas. I have a few friends on free state who said I should have tried out, I probly should have given it a try...

by (#112307) on 7/27/08 @3:22PM
your watching a highlight film wtf do you expect, all they show is goals.

by (#202680) on 7/26/08 @4:28PM
The Free State team isn't even the best team from Maryland, the u-19 Crabs are. And they would beat most of the best NY Teams also.

by (#153359) on 7/26/08 @10:17PM
if the crabs are the best team in maryland than why did the empire team beat the crabs last summer at tri lax and freestate beat empires?

by (#98710) on 7/27/08 @1:15AM
Rob Fitzhugh and Patrick Fanshaw are both nasty. Anybody know where these two are headed?

WHO CARES????
    by (#114179) on 7/27/08 @8:24PM
Ladies, unless you're 14 yrs old and have a brother on the team, you shouldn't worry about which state is better. You will never get anyone to agree with you from the other state. idiots.

Pride
    by (#186182) on 7/27/08 @10:58PM
You obviously don't understand, so I assume aren't from either of these powerhouse states. I think I can speak for guys from both states when I say its a friendly, but intense rivalry. When these guys get to college, they will be playing with each other instead of against, and will still be having the same debates we are now. Its about pride.

East Lax 5
    by (#202680) on 7/31/08 @3:44PM
Because that was the u-18 crabs the u-19 crabs are the better team and they only play in one tourny

THE ANSWER
    by (#196069) on 8/03/08 @3:48AM
MARYLAND, get over it

Roster
    by (#83265) on 10/17/08 @7:32AM
Hey Rob Fitzpatrick is nasty anyone know who the GP & Calvert Hall attackman playing with them is? also who is the kid with the hopkins type helmet on in Mid?

Anyone have the full roster with High School?

by (#121868) on 12/02/08 @7:49PM
The answer to who the Calvert Hall Attackman is
its Patrick Fanshaw he is going to Loyola College
next year... Yes i go to calvert hall too

Where do you they come up with these crap music? (nt)
    by (#188216) on 12/28/08 @7:05PM
(no text)

by (#217165) on 5/21/09 @9:20PM
i didn't like how they would show some of the goals and plays twice